Life has gotten horribly out of balance these last few months, and it is finally catching up with me. On Wednesday, I was hit with a splitting headache a couple hours into the workday. I went home, slept for several hours, and woke up with my head still throbbing. Boo 🙁
I saw the following quote on Pinterest (where else 🙂 ) that struck a cord with me:
“A career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night.” – Marilyn Monroe
If you are a regular reader of my little ol’ blog, you have probably noticed a drop in the regularity of my writing. It’s not that I haven’t been thinking of my blog – actually, I’ve been thinking about it a lot. I have just struggled to make time for it in my life. I’m sad about that.
I’m not 100% sure how I plan on getting back on track, but I intend on doing the best I can to put my life back into the “right” order. I hope you hang in there with me. I know I’m not the only person out there struggling with work-life balance, so maybe we can figure out how to do better together 🙂
One of the reasons that I started a blog about my camping adventures was the peace camping brought to my life. Since I can’t get out and camp as often as I’d like to, I need to find that peace at home. And to do that, I need to regain the balance I once had.
Here’s to getting my real life back…
Clearly, I have been MIA from my blog for the bulk of the last few weeks. And I haven’t necessarily been completely honest with myself – or obviously with you, my readers – as to why. Let’s just say I need to make some changes in my life and, to quote Vicki from the Real Housewives of Orange County :roll:, “get my happy back.”
It has been a very rough winter in Wisconsin, and this gets tough for me to handle. Top that off with stupid excess stress at and related to work and health issues that get exacerbated by stress, and you get a mix that makes life pretty cruddy.
So with the change of seasons comes changes to my routine and attitude. Getting my happy back starts right now! And I thought a great starting point would be to list off some of the things in my life that make me happy and that I’m grateful for:
- I am so grateful for a husband who loves me so much, deals with my faults, and understands me (most of the time anyway 🙂 ).
- I could not imagine life without our two “babies,” Thea and Bailey. They bring so much joy, laughter, and love to my life!
- My imperfect house still makes me happy. We’ve nursed it back to health and have made it our own.
- I am in awe of our fortunate ability to invest in property to build our dream home on. We have to be doing something right 😉 .
- I have some wonderful family who are there for me and who truly love me. My mother and I share a bond that can never be broken – I love her dearly and will take care of her for life. My extended family – Nancy, Don, Mark, and Adam – are amazing and I’m blessed to have them in my life. My mother-in-law is an incredible woman who is always there for her family. My niece Reagan is the sweetest little girl and I love watching her grow into a smart young lady. And of course, I have the best angel ever watching over me every day.
- I have the greatest friends. Ryan, Lisa, Shaun, Jen…my “siblings” Paula, Phil, Brian…so many amazing people have graced my life.
- I have had incredible mentors. Tori, Mary Beth, Becky, and Ron – I have learned so much from each one, and I know I am a better professional for having worked with each of them.
- Yosemite must make my list! I am so grateful for the ability to have visited such a life-changing place and to have the outdoors-woman in me awakened.
I could go on, but this feels like a good start. I want to spend more time focusing on the good in my life and brush off the negative.
I believe I’m ready now…Let’s do this!
What is one thing you’re grateful for or one thing that makes you happy?
Um, so I have been MIA from First Class Great Outdoors for a week. Oops! I wish I could say that I’ve been incredibly busy, but I can’t. Incredibly lazy? That might be a little closer… 😕
So what’s new in my little outdoorsy world? A few things…
- I applied/auditioned for a female video blogger/gear reviewer role with CampingGearTV.com. I’m excited about this potential opportunity. A decision is expected come April, so I have a little time to wait. However, if things don’t work out, maybe I’ll work on doing more video for First Class Great Outdoors. Well, either way, I want to do more “vlogging.”
- Jason and I got a new camera! We officially made the free Ansel Adams/Canon Photography Workshop we took in Yosemite the self-professed “most expensive free workshop ever” 😀 We wound up getting the Canon Rebel T2i, same as what we used during the workshop we took. We’re getting back up to speed on using it, but I know I’m excited to take another new hobby to the next level.
- We’re going to Disney! A little bonus to my job is that I get to work with the Disney College Program. Unfortunately – and I truly mean that – our regular site visitor, the instructor for my university’s credited Disney course, can’t go on his semesterly visit to see our students. Enter me! Jason gets to tag along for a week of Florida sun and free Disney access. Not a bad gig 😎
That about covers it. I should have some good things to write about in the coming weeks. And I have to – gotta reach those 2011 goals I set 🙂